- Intellectual Property Rights
C J Okoye Lawview & Co own the proprietary and intellectual property rights in this website, its content (including all information, data, text, graphics, artwork, sound recording, videos, photographs, logos, icons and so-on) and the Underlying System. All these intellectual property rights are reserved.
- Acceptable Use of the Website and Content
- Unacceptable Use of the Website and Content
3.1 Content of this website must not be:
- republished in hard copy, e-book format, on another website or by any means whatsoever except for the purpose of referencing it as a law report;
- sold, rented or sub-licensed;
- reproduced, duplicated, copied or otherwise exploited for commercial purpose(s);
3.2 You must not:
- use this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website.
- introduce anything including any virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, keystroke logger, spyware or other similar feature that in any way compromises, or may compromise, the website or any Underlying System, or otherwise attempt to damage or interfere with the website or any Underlying System;
- use this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- access the Website via any other method aside standard web browsers. Other methods including scraping, deep-linking, data harvesting, data mining, use of a robot or spider, automation, or any similar data gathering, extraction or monitoring method are hereby prohibited;
- use this website contrary to applicable laws and regulations; and
- use this website to harm any person or business entity.
- Registration, Password and Security Procedures
4.1 You must provide true, current and complete information in your dealings with us especially when setting up an account and must promptly update that information as required so that the information remains true, current and complete at all times.
4.2 Certain areas of this website are restricted to subscribers and permitted persons only. If C J Okoye Lawview & Co provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, such user ID and password are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well. Consequently, you must:
- keep same secure and confidential.
4.3 Where your access and use is on behalf of another person (e.g. a company), you confirm that you are authorized to, and do in fact, agree to these Terms on that person’s behalf and that by agreeing to these Terms on that person’s behalf, that person is bound by these Terms.
4.4 You shall be liable for and shall indemnify us against all loss suffered as a direct or indirect result of action(s) or inaction(s) traced to your account, including those caused by a person who accesses and uses our Website by using your User ID.
5.1 While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information (especially when you register for an account). Such information is purely for communicating with you, conducting statistical analysis, evaluating services to you, credit checks (if necessary), and research and development. Such personal information shall not be sold, traded or disclosed to third parties for them to use for their own purposes.
5.2 The security of your personal information is important to us; hence, we use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information. However, since no internet-based or electronic storage is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Refund Policy
6.1 C J Okoye Lawview & Co. is committed to providing you with excellent products. However, if upon subscription, you are still not able to sign-in or access content, kindly contact us within 10 working days from the date of subscription or activation and we will fully refund the cost of your subscription.
6.2 If such complaint is not laid within the stipulated period in 6.1 above, your available remedy is for C J Okoye Lawview & Co.to reinstall your product or re-subscribe you. It shall however be C J Okoye Lawview & Co.’s exclusive purview to decide which of the available remedies is best suited to each particular instance.
- No Warranties
The information on this Website is provided on an “as is” basis. There is therefore no representation or warranty, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
- Links to this Website
You are precluded from creating a link to any page of this website without the prior written consent of C J Okoye Lawview & Co..
- Links from this Website
We do not monitor or review the content of other parties’ websites which link may be displayed on this website. The feature of such links on this website does not translate to our endorsement or recommendation of same. Similarly, Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Therefore, you should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. We are neither connected to them nor are their agent. Consequently, C J Okoye Lawview & Co.will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure of personal information to such third parties
- Limitation of Liability
10.1 To the extent permitted by law, we and our licensors, officers, directors and employees have no liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any loss in connection with:
- the website being unavailable (in whole or in part) or performing slowly;
- any exposure to viruses or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system or expose you to fraud when you access or use the Website. To avoid doubt, you are responsible for ensuring the process by which you access and use the Website protects you from this;
- any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
10.2 We make no representation or warranty that the website is appropriate or available for use in all countries or that the content satisfies the laws of all countries. You are responsible for ensuring that your access to and use of the website is not illegal or prohibited, and for your own compliance with applicable local laws.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms from time to time by updating them on the website. Unless stated otherwise, any change takes effect immediately. If there are any material changes, we will notify you of these changes. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion. You are therefore responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest Terms. By continuing to access and use the website, you agree to be bound by the changed Terms.
C J Okoye Lawview & Co.reserves the right to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms as it deems fit and without your prior notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
- Force Majeure
C J Okoye Lawview & Co.shall not be liable to you for any failure to perform under this Terms where such failure is due to an event which could not have been reasonably foreseen or beyond our control including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of this Terms.
- Entire Agreement
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and C J Okoye Lawview & Co. in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
- Governing Law
16.2 The failure of C J Okoye Lawview & Co. at any time to enforce your performance of any provisions of this Agreement shall in no way affect C J Okoye Lawview & Co.'s rights thereafter to enforce the same, nor shall the waiver by C J Okoye Lawview & Co.of any breach of any provision hereof be held to be a waiver of any other breach of the same or any other provision.
You hereby agree to hold C J Okoye Lawview & Co. free and harmless from any and all claims, damages, and expenses of every kind or nature whatsoever arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.